Tuesday 8 November 2011

Run to the beat ~ or not

I was listening to my favourite drive time radio show ~ Get It On on BBC Radio Scotland where the theme was "music to work out to".

I texted in to say play nothing for me as I hate to run to mucsic. Whatever the beat it is usually wrong for the speed that I want to run at so I don't bother. To be honest I would prefer to listen to an audio book to pass the time.

I was reminded of Beautiful Day by U2 which was played at the start of the Chicago Marathon on Oct 2010 (10.10.10 to be precise) It was an amazing start but the Beautiful Day turned into a roasting hot day with a max of 30 degrees. There was just enough water to keep everyone going. I finished in 4.10 but was glad to finish and it was a great experience.

This is where I miss my running buddy Richard. We haven't run together for a long time because one or both of us have been injured. The chat was always good ranging from management advice to the latest recipe.  It really helps pass the time.

I'll stick to listening to the music on the way to the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment