Wednesday 22 January 2014

First race of the season under my belt

Sunday was the first race of the season and what a great race it was. 

The Feel the Burns race goes from Selkirk up to the Southern Upland Way and back to Selkirk. The climbs are hard and the descents are fast and in between the countryside is amazing. 

It's amazing to see how fast people can go down and up hill. I don't think that I'm either a climber or a descender. I'm an on the flat kind of guy. 

The weather on the day was ok but before there was lots of rain so some of the downhills were slippery as hell. There were also huge puddles and some pretty deep mud. 

I thought my time was decent for the conditions and at 2.10 for 13 miles + I wasn't the last Moorfoot and in the top half of the field. 

Rested on Monday as per my schedule. Did an outside run in the dark on Tuesday morning. It's amazing how slow you go when you can't see where you are going. 

Back in the gym today but couldn't get the speed going so went for going the distance. Had to push through hard to make it though. 

Now signed up for the Carnethy 5 on the 16th Feb. Need to be careful this time and not get injured. 

No comments:

Post a Comment