Sunday 20 January 2013

Dancing on ice

There is something about snow, me and running. I love to run in the snow. Not sure if it's the cold or feeling the crunch beneath my feet but it gives me a kick.

I remember a couple of years ago when there was huge snow running through Glentress Forest up to me knees in snow with a big smile on my face.

It was with this in mind I went out on Saturday morning in my Inov8's round the 13.5 mile course. The only problem with Inov8's is they have no support and when running on bits of the road without snow can jar the joints. However all in all it was a good run and manager 105 minutes for 13.5 miles which is satisfactory under the weather conditions.

Today I went out with my regular not so grippy shoes on for 6.2 miles. All was well including a couple of slippery paths along the Tweed and the Cuddy. I was surprised that the average time was only 7.40 because it felt faster. I need to download the info for analysis to get some insights.

More snow planned this week so insight work until Friday when I am going to go for 15 miles long run.


1 comment:

  1. The top snow runners are all wearing goleshes

    ReplyDelete